Court confiscates DJ’s apartment for loud music

Court confiscates DJ’s apartment for loud music

10 Mar, 03:15 PM

A court has ruled to expropriate a man’s apartment and sell it after repeated complaints from neighbors that he was listening to loud music day and night, news agencies report. Viktor Zotov, a resident Pervouralsk city in Russia’s Urals region, claims that as a DJ he had to play music in preparation for his shows.

Neighbors who share the block of flats with Zotov, DJ at a local night club, started complaining in 2006, when he first moved in and began playing disco hits around the clock, ignoring regulations that prohibit loud noise after 22:00.

“I am a DJ. I listen to some really loud music during the day. I mean I don’t listen to it after 22:00, unless we have friends come over. At least not when I’m sober,” Zotov, or DJ ‘Brooklin’, told the Russian Vesti TV channel. “Can’t I listen to music? Isn’t that a violation of my rights? ”

After repeated requests to Zotov to keep the noise level down failed to help, the neighbors appealed to the local administration. However neither the regular police visits, nor the fines the musician was frequently obliged to pay could persuade him to keep quiet.

Finally, after Zotov ignored the official last warning, the city administration took the case to court and on March 3, the court decided in favor of the claimant.

According to the ruling, Zotov’s apartment is now to be sold at a public auction, and the money, minus the legal costs, returned to him.

Viktor Zotov feels the ruling is unfair, and filed a protested against it Tuesday, Ria Novosti news agency adds.

Tags: weird

Comments

ugg boots sale 2010 18 Jan, 03:32 PM

UGG Boots | Your toes never say lies, they love

-Genuine Sheepskin Boots by

Australia. Love, Love Warmth . Another warmth boots is

, From advanced running styles of , we have everything you need for sports, fitness and outdoor activities. Shop men’s athletic shoes,

for top brands. Are you thinking ahead to coldweather already? Before you know it, it will be time to break out your winter

. This suede

from UGG features a crocheted shaft with a cute tassle tie. The more you wear in them. the more slouchy the style will become.

And I think there are more things you will like it:

is a good shop online, the

will become our good friend.

let us fell good, it is very comfortable. so you can

online.

do you want to have one. I have

, my friend has , what do you want to have?

uggs2010 19 Jan, 09:43 PM

uggs2010 23 Jan, 09:58 PM

fengfeng0429 27 Jan, 08:54 PM

uggs2010 29 Jan, 05:12 PM

Our Tiffany jewelry online store aim to offer quality discount tiffany & co jewelry,from tiffany necklaces to tiffany engagement rings,you can find all styles of tiffany jewelry here in our store at amazing price.

Enjoy your passion for fashion among our hundreds tiffany Jewellery collection and shop your favourite tiffany jewelry now!

Readers choice